Ken in NB

I am very excited to see what this course will bring.  Currently I am working on courses 8,9, & 10 of this crazy thing called MET!  Some of you might think I am crazy for taking three courses right now…maybe I am.  I am actually enjoying an education leave that is allowing me to focus on my studies. Welcome to those beginning this journey you will find that your fellow MET’ers are a very supportive bunch.

I teach at Hampton High School in Hampton, NB.  I teach English, Media Studies, and Journalism.  So far the MET experience has pushed me professionally and has made me reflect on my own practices.  Working the past few years writing and piloting curricula for the NB Dept. of Ed. has also been a great experience that I would encourage other teachers to try.

At home, I have a lovely wife and two children.  We enjoy playing basketball and going to the lake. We live in a great community and are very fortunate to have wonderful schools for our kids.  Our kids also get to enjoy both sets of Grandparents nearby and their 92 year old Great-Grandmother (my Grandmother) only an hour away.

Looking forward to working and learning with each of you.  I find the entrepreneurial aspect of this course to be very intriguing.  I have not started any of my own ventures but my parents have been small business owners for the past 20+ years… So deep down I have thought of the MET as a way to open some doors to support my teaching and possibly provide other opportunities.   Have a great term!

Ken

Posted in: Week 01: Introductions